18 months back, I attended a conclave on data storage as a speaker. I put across my views on how BLACKbox is killing traditional file servers or NAS boxes on features and cost. Some guy asked me a looser kind of question. He asked if we continue to beat file servers / NAS boxes like this, what will happen to the guys who are managing file servers / NAS boxes and take manual backup? will they loose their jobs? I had to be rude and answer that such guys will have to transform from IT laborer to IT manager. It is like worrying about “kali-pili” old vintage taxi drivers in the era of Uber or Ola. Healthy competition is always ruthless, and the leader always continues to disrupt and maximizes value for consumer.
Our offering BLACKbox lite does the same. Let me explain, modestly…., nope, ruthlessly, 🙂
BLACKbox’s ruthlessness on features over traditional file server / NAS Boxes
- BLACKbox is armed with an active recycle bin to instantly rebound from accidental or intentional deletion of data. Is that why, we are considered ruthless to poor file servers / NAS Boxes?
- BLACKbox is armed with forced centralization, leaving no choice for user to scatter your digital assets on local desktops or laptops. File servers / NAS boxes contain data only if users save on it, read mercifully. Is that why, we are considered ruthless to poor file servers / NAS Boxes?
- BLACKbox is armed with AI powered deduplication engine which overcomes challenge posed by users’ tendency to keep duplicate files. It keeps the data lean. By forced centralization you get everything in one corner and deduplication engine brings excellence to your data storage efficiencies.
- BLACKbox is armed with time machine backup, no matter how many times you are struck with ransomware, you are good to operate. File servers / NAS Boxes act like headless chickens after being struck by ransomware. Is that why, we are considered ruthless to poor file servers / NAS Boxes?
- BLACKbox is armed with Vault and Work-space structure for your data management. Users cannot intentionally or accidentally manipulate your sensitive data, ransomware cannot affect vaulted data, File servers / NAS Boxes are still wondering what is vault and work-space structure. Is that why, we are considered ruthless to poor file servers / NAS Boxes?
- BLACKbox is armed with best possible shield against power fluctuations, it never gets wounded by your UPS failure or power fluctuations. File Servers / NAS Boxes just die on a few dose of power fluctuations or UPS failures. Is that why, we are considered ruthless to poor file servers / NAS Boxes?
- BLACKbox BonB model is armed with Breathe on Breathe technology. If one hardware fails, another is at your service in real time without wasting a second. The hardware failure of traditional File Servers / NAS Boxes give a break to your users at work, leading to productivity losses. Is that why, we are considered ruthless to poor file servers / NAS Boxes?
- BLACKbox SSD models are equipped with SSD drives working like huge RAM, resulting in lightening performance. File Servers / NAS Boxes are just lightyears behind to get themselves equipped. Is that why we are considered ruthless to poor file servers / NAS Boxes?
- BLACKbox Duo always takes backup of your laptops connected to your virtual BLACKbox on our data center. File Servers / NAS Boxes just neglects backup of laptops, Is that why we are considered ruthless to poor file servers / NAS Boxes?
BLACKbox’s ruthlessness on cost over traditional file server / NAS Boxes
- When you deploy windows file servers, you need to pay for hardware, windows server license, CAL licenses. which makes it triple the cost of BLACKbox.
- When you deploy NAS Box, you will pay 25% less compared to BLACKbox but will loose on all features listed above.
This is just BLACKbox Lite, BLACKbox 3D is even more ruthless, as it disrupts all IT equipment to design Information Security, Some other time, I will write on BLACKbox 3D
Ruthlessness is natural, always respects survival of the fittest, so are we for our enterprise customers.
Founder and CEO,
Synersoft Technologies Pvt Ltd
The author Vishal Prakash Shah has 25 plus years of experience in Technology Commercialization in the field of Cyber Security, Data Loss / Leakage / Theft Prevention and IT standardization. Over the 25 years, he has worked from Management Trainee to senior positions to entrepreneurship, through various opportunities in IT. Currently, he is leading Synersoft Technologies Private Limited maker of path-breaking technology BLACKbox. His blogs can be found on here.